Bishops Cove Lodge
Last Updated: February 2016
Contact Sally Cutten
- Longitude: 24.294367
- Latitude: -34.090442
- Bed And Breakfast
- Self Catering
About Bishops Cove Lodge
Bishop's Cove Lodge consists of two architect designed self-catering units - perfectly equipped for that relaxed 'away-from-it-all' break, or energetic outdoor holiday on one of the most dramatic sites on the South African coastline. Both small and large groups of up to 14 guests can be comfortably accommodated in the spacious and well-equipped units.
Although the Lodge is designed for self-catering, our friendly resident manager does offer B&B or fully-catered options provided this is arranged beforehand.
The Lodge consists of four bedrooms, two of which are en-suite, an open-plan living and dining area and a spacious modern kitchen. There are also two separate bath rooms. The living room opens up on three sides onto a covered veranda with each side having its own dramatic ocean and forest views.
The Sunbird Cottage, which can be used with the Lodge to accommodate larger groups or can be hired separately from the Lodge, has two generous en-suite bedrooms, an open-plan living area and a kitchen opening onto a large covered deck with amazing views.
Bishops Cove is situated on a small farm in a pristine natural environment.
Room / Unit Features
- Bar Fridge In Room
- En Suite Bathroom
- Fireplace In Rooms
- Heater In Room
- Kitchen (fully Equipped)
- No Smoking In Rooms
- Tea And Coffee In Room
- TV - DSTV
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Breakfast : Continental
- Breakfast : Full English
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
- Dinner (prior Arrangement)
- Guest Lounge
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron / Trouser Press Available
- Laundry Service Available
- Parking (off Street)
- Pets Not Allowed
- Reception (business Hours Only)
- Smoking (non Indoors)
- Guest Transfers (airport)
- Guest Transfers (others)
- Tour Assistance
Map and Directions to Bishops Cove Lodge
GPS : 34° 5' 25.59" S / 24° 17' 39.72" E
From the N2
- Exit the N2 at the Kareedouw/Eersterivier Exit 611 off-ramp (about 150kms from Port Elizabeth and 95kms from Plettenberg Bay) and drive towards the coast for about 500m.
- At the R102 T-junction turn left towards Humansdorp for just over 3kms and then turn right onto the gravel road to Klipdrift.
- Continue for 5,8kms and then turn right onto the Klipdrif road.
- After 3,2kms take the left turn in front of the farm workers' cottages.
- Continue for about 1km through farm land, passing small dams on either side of the road.
- Two hundred meters beyond the dams, take the Bishop’s Cove turn-off to the right.
- Five hundred meters up that road you will reach a farm gate.
- After the gate turn immediately left and cross the runway.
- Shortly thereafter turn right and open the Bishops Cove gate.
- Please look carefully when crossing the runway.